This is a small piece I did in the beginning of the year. I used watercolor and splattered it across a large piece of paper. I then picked out a specific subject i wanted to do, the lion, and used marker and pen to do an outline of it a certain size. I cut the excess paper to focus on the lion.
This is my clay piece. I combined the idea of a luminary and a puzzle box. The theme i based it off of is Day of the Dead. I sculpted a sugar skull and attached that to the lid to be used as the handle. The edges of the lid and the bottom are both sculpted a certain way so they only fit together a specific way. One side is a cut out rose. The direct opposite side is a cutout of a cross. All sides have stars carved in the extra space. This way the light on the inside can shine through making it a luminary. The whole piece was painted in a glaze in the larger areas and the details and smaller areas were painted in underglazes.
These two pieces are scenery of tree lines on the school property. The class sat outside and did quick sketches just looking at the scene by eye. We used oil pastels to create each and we went out twice to see if we could do better the second time. The one on the left was my first try and the the one on the right is my second try.
This is one of my sketchbook entries. We had to show flow in the art so I chose to paint a mermaid and show flow through her tail and hair. The water was painted with acrylic paints and for the rest of the piece I used colored pencils and black detail pen.
This was another entry I did in my sketchbook. I decided to do something simple but big. I sketched out the basic shapes of her face and then went over the details in colored pencil. For her hair I used acrylic paint. I went over the edges with a black detail pen. I painted the background with watercolors.